Lisa Ellis, Principal Attorney
Ms. Ellis’ practice focuses on elder law, employment-based immigration, probate, and estate planning. She has over eighteen years of experience and helps clients navigate the complicated regulatory areas of immigration law and medicaid planning. Her strengths lie in maximizing the potential for clients to meet their objectives and fully understand their cases. Lisa began her legal career as an Attorney Advisor for the U.S. Department of Justice, Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), a position she entered through the U.S. Attorney General’s Honor Program. Following a federal judicial clerkship with the Honorable Robert H. Whaley in the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Washington, she practiced employment-based and family-based immigration law at a full-service law firm for nearly nine years before starting her firm.
She is a graduate of Whitman College and University of Oregon School of Law, where she was an executive editor for The Oregon Law Review. Lisa is an active member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and American Immigration Lawyer’s Association. She chaired multiple committees and served on the AILA Washington Chapter Executive Committee and was selected for two terms as the Chair of the Board of Publications for AILA National. Ms. Ellis has co-authored several peer-reviewed articles and is the author of Visa Solutions for International Students, Scholars, and Sponsors: What You Need to Know (Quick Prep) (Thomson Reuters/Aspatore 2012 Ed.).
Bar and Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of Washington, 2001
- U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Ninth Circuit of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) Member
- American Immigration Lawyer’s Association (AILA): Past Chair National Board of Publications, Global Migration Section Member
- Washington Medical Legal Partnership Panel Attorney
- King County Bar Association Volunteer Legal Services Attorney Wills Clinic
- King County Bar Association Immigration Clinic Volunteer Attorney
- Washington State Bar Association Legislative Committee Member
- AILA Washington: Past Executive Committee Member, Past Vice Chair of Continuing Legal Education Committee, Past Chair of Customs and Border Protection Committee and Past Chair of Consular Committee
- Top 20 Best Immigration Lawyer in Seattle, WA, Expertise.com
- Avvo rating Superb 10/10
- Rising Star, Washington Super Lawyers
Lisa’s own immigration history goes back to her great-grandfather who emigrated to the U.S. from Sweden at the end of the Klondike Gold Rush in Alaska. Lisa was born and raised in Bellevue, Washington and watched the suburb become a city as a student at Bellevue High School. After high school, Lisa graduated from Whitman College in Walla Walla, Washington and later graduated from the University of Oregon Law School. Outside of the office, Lisa likes to travel and garden.
Yvonne MacGregor, Senior Paralegal
Staff is our firm’s best resource. Yvonne has been with the firm almost from the beginning. With over three decades of experience, she is a very experienced and provides excellent client service through her work product and knowledge in the areas of law we handle.
Before starting at Ellis Law, Ms. MacGregor worked for several prominent law firms in Seattle. Having worked at larger firms for most of her career, Ms. MacGregor brings the sophistication of a larger firm to Ellis Law. LLC. Ms. MacGregor’s attention-to-detail, dedication, and uncompromising commitment to high quality work are evident in her work.
Yvonne assists with will preparation, probate matters, employment and family-based immigration matters. Her pride and enjoyment in her work combined with her very high skill level enables us to provide the quality of work our client’s trust us to provide.
1001 Fourth Ave., Suite 3200
Seattle, WA 98154
phone: (206) 684-9458
info [at] lisaellislaw.com
We are committed to providing practical yet innovative solutions to advance strong cases. Our goal is to provide diligent, effective representation and individualized, result-oriented services.