Lisa Ellis, Principal Attorney
Ms. Ellis’ practice focuses on elder law, employment-based immigration, probate, and estate planning. She has been practicing law for over 18 years. Lisa began her legal career as an Attorney Advisor for the U.S. Department of Justice, Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), a position she entered through the U.S. Attorney General’s Honor Program. Following a federal judicial clerkship with the Honorable Robert H. Whaley in the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Washington, she was an associate at a small firm in downtown Seattle for many years. Ms. Ellis started the firm in 2013. Ms. Ellis was born and raised in Bellevue, Washington. She attended Bellevue Public Schools and graduated from Bellevue High School.
Ms. Ellis is honored to be selected as a Top 20 Best Immigration Lawyer in Seattle, WA. She was selected by her peers as a Rising Star by Washington Super Lawyers in 2011 and is rated Superb (10.0/10.0), by Avvo.com. She is a frequent speaker at national and regional conferences. Ms. Ellis has co-authored several peer-reviewed articles and is the author of Visa Solutions for International Students, Scholars, and Sponsors: What You Need to Know (Quick Prep) (Thomson Reuters/Aspatore 2012 Ed.).
- Whitman College, 1993
- University of Oregon School of Law, 2000- Executive Editor for The Oregon Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of Washington, 2000
- U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Ninth Circuit of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
Professional & Community
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) Member
- American Immigration Lawyer’s Association (AILA): Two-term Chair National Board of Publications, Annual Conference Committee
- AILA Washington (AILA WA): Executive Committee Member, Vice Chair of Continuing Legal Education Committee, Customs and Border Protection Committee Chair and Consular Committee Chair
- Washington Medical Legal Partnership Panel Attorney
- King County Bar Association Volunteer Legal Services Attorney Wills Clinic
- King County Bar Association, Immigration Clinic Volunteer Attorney
- Washington State Bar Association, Legislative Committee Member
Yvonne MacGregor, Senior Paralegal
Ms. MacGregor has worked with the firm almost from the beginning. Ms. MacGregor assists with will preparation, probate matters, and immigration matters. She provides excellent client service through her exceptional level of experience and skills in the areas of law we handle. Before starting at Ellis Law, Ms. MacGregor worked for several prominent larger law firms in Seattle. Ms. MacGregor’s attention-to-detail, dedication, and uncompromising commitment to high quality work are evident in her work and a value to our clients.
1001 Fourth Ave., Suite 3200
Seattle, WA 98154
phone: (206) 684-9458
info [at] lisaellislaw.com
We are committed to providing practical yet innovative solutions to advance strong cases. Our goal is to provide diligent, effective representation and individualized, result-oriented services.