Lisa Ellis was born and raised in Bellevue, Washington. She was admitted to the Washington Bar in 2000. Her practice focuses on elder law, estate planning, probate and guardianships. Lisa assists older adults and persons of any age with estate planning. She has first-hand experience with some of the effects Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease can have on families and loved ones. She also provides experienced guidance and legal advice to executors administering probate and she represents lay persons in guardianships and conservatorships.
Lisa was attorney advisor with the U.S. Department of Justice, a position she entered through the U.S. Attorney General’s Honor Program. Lisa also clerked for the Honorable Robert H. Whaley in the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Washington. She entered private practice in 2004 and founded Ellis Law, LLC in 2013.
Lisa was selected as top 5% of attorneys to Super Lawyers in 2023. Lisa carries a “Superb” rating on Avvo.
- University of Oregon School of Law, 2000
- Executive editor of The Oregon Law Review
- Whitman College, 1993
Bar and Court Admissions
- Washington State Bar Association
- Real Property Probate and Trust Section
- Elder Law Section
- U.S. District Court for the Ninth Circuit of Washington
- U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- King County Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Washington Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (WAELA)
- Attorney Volunteer, Wills Clinic, Eastside Legal Assistance Project
- Best Probate Lawyers in Seattle | Expertise 2023
- Best Probate Lawyers in Seattle | Expertise 2022
- Best Probate Lawyers in Seattle | Expertise 2020
Presentations and Publications
“Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia” Alzheimer Association of Washington Educational Program (February 2020)