Lisa Ellis was admitted to the Washington Bar in 2000. Her practice focuses on elder law, estate planning, probate and guardianships. Lisa assists older adults and persons of any age with estate planning. She also provides experienced guidance and legal advice to executors administering probate and she represents lay persons in guardianships and conservatorships of a family member or loved one.
She helped her mother with aging issues and was a family caregiver to her grandmother who died of Alzheimer’s disease. With her background, Lisa has first-hand experience with some of the effects Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease can have on families and loved ones.
Prior to founding Ellis Law, LLC in 2013, Lisa was attorney advisor with the U.S. Department of Justice, a position she entered through the U.S. Attorney General’s Honor Program. Lisa also clerked for the Honorable Robert H. Whaley in the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Washington. She was associate for a downtown Seattle law firm for eight years.
Lisa’s practice focused on immigration law before she re-directed her practice to Estate Planning and Elder Law. She navigated hundreds of employment-based, family-based, naturalization and worksite compliance cases through the complex and ever-changing U.S. immigration system.
She was named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2011, an award reserved for the top 2% of practitioners nominated by their peers. She also holds the highest rating, “Superb” by Avvo.
- University of Oregon School of Law, 2000
- Executive editor of The Oregon Law Review
- Whitman College, 1993
Bar and Court Admissions
- Washington State Bar Association
- Real Property Probate and Trust Section
- Elder Law Section
- U.S. District Court for the Ninth Circuit of Washington
- U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- King County Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Washington Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (WAELA)
- Attorney volunteer, Wills Clinic, ELAP
- Best Probate Lawyers in Seattle | Expertise 2022
- Best Probate Lawyers in Seattle I Expertise 2020
- Washington Super Lawyer’s Rising Stars, 2011
Presentations and Publications
“Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia” Alzheimer Association of Washington Educational Program (February 2020)